Using DRO to update CVs, faculty publication reports, etc
The Search results screen offers a drop down selection box, Display results, which provides several options for reusing DRO records.
Directions for adding automatically updated search results to online CVs, faculty publication reports, etc
- Select a Deakin staff member's name in Advanced search and click search. A results set of author's publications will be provided.
- Choose HTML code from the Display results options and set Set objects per page to 500. The HTML code will appear below.
- If you add that code to a web page a current and updating list of all works by that researcher will appear. Each item listed on your web page will also link to the record in DRO.
- More specific searches may also be done within DRO and the HTML code be added to any web page to provide an updating linked list to that exact search. For example, setting Set objects per page to 10, Sort results by Date, Desc will provide the latest ten papers that meet that search criteria.
Display results also enables searches to be displayed in other formats
- The Word File option creates the results in a Word document, ready to use in producing reports.
- The Export for Endnote option provides a text file that can be imported into EndNote. This requires a special DRO EndNote filter which must be saved to your EndNote Filters folder (for example, C:\Program Files\EndNote 9\Filters).
- XML Feed displays the raw xml code which may be used to import data into other databases.
- RSS Feed provides an updating service for use with your web browser, or in a variety of environments, including websites supported by software such as Netvibes.
Keep up to date with an RSS feed
- Do an advanced search, selecting exactly what you want. At the results screen choose to display the results as an RSS feed or click on the RSS symbol
- Then subscribe to this feed:
- A video with simple instructions on how to create an RSS feed may be found at http://www.commoncraft.com/rss_plain_english