DRO is organised into communities and collections, with each school, faculty and unit having its own collection. Schools (etc.) may choose to further organise their material into sub-collections.
Communities and top-level collections are set up by the Library, but Schools may establish sub-collections according to their needs. All new sub-collections must be approved by the Library.
To set up a new collection -
- Browse to the parent community or collection for the new collection you wish to create. Look for the Create button and dropdown box.
- Choose the Fedora collection display option from the dropdown box, and click Create -
- Fill in the Create new Fedora collection display record as required -
- XSD display document types indicates the kinds of records which will be created in the collection
- Member of communities/collections indicates the communities/collections immediately above it in the hierarchy
- Display note field displays in Browse mode and is generally used to indicate collection name changes or related collections
- Click Submit for approval. The new collection will appear in DRO once it has been approved by the Library. This will take 2-3 days.